Kayaking on Tahoe and Sun and Fun on the Beach

Yesterday, Monday, June 26, 2017 we went to Lake Tahoe for the last time.  We or I should say Cindy saw a beach at Sand Harbor which is on the east side of the lake. She wanted to go back there after the crowds had left (We saw the beach on the weekend).  Little did she know the crowds were there to stay.  But, She had a strategy and that was to get up early and head to the beach and get there before anyone else and stake out our ground!!  Well, that worked for about an hour and then here they came and they did not care if they walked on your stuff or got sand on you as long as they could get to the water.  I hate beaches!

We carried the kayak and took turns going into the lake to paddle around and enjoy the warm sun and cool water.  The beach there was made of coarse sand and it was not white and soft as the Gulf Shores or Orange Beach area.  If you do not know where that is please forget I mentioned either one, because I hate crowds!!

We ate lunch there and laid in the sun for about 5 hours.  That was my limit but I was not about to say anything to Cindy because this was her day.  But my heart was jumping with joy when she finally had enough and we left.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoshone Ice Caves

Royal Gorge

Sedona and surrounding area 2nd day